Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moose Stories



This summer we sold our house in preparation for our big move to Boise in June. We are now renting a wonderful condo in The Aspens! The biggest change for me has been dealing with the abundant wildlife! As you can see.....there are moose everywhere!
These are just a few of my new friends! My first encounter with these lovely creatures was about 9:00 pm one evening. I took my dog out for his routine walk, but as soon as I got down the steps of the condo, I realized we were not the only ones outside! A mother moose and her baby had decided to block the entrance to the condo and I was now stuck outside with no cell phone or anyway to communicate with Steve that I had trouble! You would think that after 20 minutes Steve would have noticed I was MIA! Well, think again.....college football was on ESPN and he had no idea! I finally had to go to a neighbors house and borrow their phone to call Steve. I informed him that there were moose at the bottom of the steps and he needed to go out and chase them away! (HA - how long have we lived in Jackson? You would think I was a tourist!) Anyway, we arrived back in the condo safely after about 25-30 minutes!
My next moose encounter didn't go so well! The very next morning I was on my way to work when I heard a loud crash that sounded like a gun shot through my window! I have to say in my own defense it was a VERY dark morning! I never saw the moose hit me, but I did see him/her in my rearview mirror. The moose appeared ok and the only thing damaged on my car was the side mirror on the driver's side. Whew! Close call and lucky!
We are not really sure what is on the hood of my car, but it really is just too big for a bird! I think it was the moose getting back at me for hitting his friend!
Who knows?
Luckily, the moose are living happily ever after! I carry a large flashlight now and drive to work with my brights on!

No comments:

Post a Comment